Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 24 All-in-one PC

Hello, When I turn my desktop on it is saying the BIOS recovery files cannot be found or the files are corrupted. Using another computer and a USB Flashdrive download the latest bIOS file from the HP website and create a recovery drive for the pc that needs recovery. 

When I enter my product name of my computer it is showing me no bios recovery files. I need help being able to get my computer to work! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Every HP computer has a unique "Service Tag", usually on a sticker on the computer's case, or, for a laptop, maybe visible only after removing the battery.  What is your Service Tag? 

Is your search limited to "Windows 10", or have you expanded your search to include "Windows 7" or "Windows 8" ?  Sometimes, the collection of BIOS files is linked to a specific Operating System, instead of the one that is running on your "other" computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.