Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, 

Hopefully someone has experienced this and can point me in the right direction. 

I attempted to update the Bios on my Omen Obelisk Desktop this afternoon and the update apparently failed. 

Now, when booting up the display does not come on, and the computer posts with 8 long beeps before going through a series of additional beeps (that I'd have a hard time describing). After the beeping, the LED and case lighting stays on but nothing else ever happens. 

So far, I have attempted to:

Clear the CMOS

Force the UEFI menu

Force BIOS recovery via Windows-B key combo

Let it sit both on and off for quite some time

Insert BIOS recovery Flash Drive

The result is always the same and I just get the 8 beeps. Any advice here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After several hours, I was able to get the BIOS restored. 

The Flash Recovery was not working because I had not installed it with the correct BIOS for my machine. I had tried multiple versions that were offered via my HP Dashboard, however I had missed the correct build for my ROM. After further verification on the Dashboard, I was able to get my ROM build and match it with the BIOS. After downloading the correct BIOS and installing it on a 512 MB Flash Drive, the recovery process went as expected. 

Documenting for others.

Verify that ROM Build and BIOS are matching and then the recovery should work. (Seems simple but without a functional machine, it can take extra steps to build the correct recovery drive)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After several hours, I was able to get the BIOS restored. 

The Flash Recovery was not working because I had not installed it with the correct BIOS for my machine. I had tried multiple versions that were offered via my HP Dashboard, however I had missed the correct build for my ROM. After further verification on the Dashboard, I was able to get my ROM build and match it with the BIOS. After downloading the correct BIOS and installing it on a 512 MB Flash Drive, the recovery process went as expected. 

Documenting for others.

Verify that ROM Build and BIOS are matching and then the recovery should work. (Seems simple but without a functional machine, it can take extra steps to build the correct recovery drive)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.