Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24 g020 Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP All-in-one touch desktop. Typically, when I turn it on, shortly after startup, it will experience a crash or two with high temperature readings (85-97 C). The crash can occur while browsing the web or opening an application. I saw a video online with someone of a similar issue and their temperature readings dropped when their BIOS updated. I went onto HP Support and downloaded / installed the most recent BIOS update. It successfully downloaded and took me to the restart part of the troubleshooting. Unfortunately, the image was not found / system failure and my only option was to continue startup. I also tried a different BIOS update and the same occurred for that.

The two BIOS updates were 

- HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 81BA) Version: F.49 Rev.A

- HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82DD) Version: F.31 Rev.A

(Both failed)

Usually after it crashes once or twice it works without crashing but with extremely high temperatures (unnerving). I've already tried a hard reset and safe mode (they failed as well). Do you think the BIOS hardware has been corrupted? Let me know if you know what's wrong or any solutions to the problem! 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I see 3 different BIOS updates on your PC's support page.

The only one that is going to work is the one for your PC's BIOS family.

HP All-in-One - 24-g020 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 81BA)   F.49

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8245)   F.47

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82DD)  F.31

Check your BIOS' system information screen and confirm which ROM family your PC actually has...81BA, 8245 or 82DD.

I do not see in any of the release notes for any of the BIOS updates that address an overheating issue.

One older BIOS update for the HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 81BA) (F.35),  Updates EC to N91_R1.13 for Update thermal table to "16-OPP-SKL Fan control table_v1_1_20170413".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.