Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
27-p014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
the driver page on the HP site says the BIOS is 2015 for my PC. I believe my PC wasn't made until 2016 as the BIOS in my System Info page shows 2016. I am having issues with programs crashing and software support teams are claiming it's the BIOS and that it needs to be updated. Any thoughts or ideas? BTW, my warranty is expired so asking HP is not an option. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DRinaldi777 

Understood.

Unfortunately, the answer stands - even though the solution might have been in hand with newer software for your older computer.  "Older" is not meant to be an insult - tech can be old within a short time these days.

If you depend on Corel - and software like it, if you are a photographer and the particular tools you use are important, it might be time to consider updating your hardware - that is, purchase a newer computer. 

Older tech (and I am in the same general boat) is only going to have more and more trouble keeping up.

I do sympathize.

No one likes it when the answer is "No." 

We are rarely thanked for saying, "Nope, cannot do that" or "Cannot have that". 

Smiling.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@DRinaldi777 

@DRinaldi777 wrote:
the driver page on the HP site says the BIOS is 2015 for my PC. I believe my PC wasn't made until 2016 as the BIOS in my System Info page shows 2016. I am having issues with programs crashing and software support teams are claiming it's the BIOS and that it needs to be updated. Any thoughts or ideas? BTW, my warranty is expired so asking HP is not an option. Thanks!

Well, that might be the case (BIOS needs update) - saying otherwise directly contradicts what you have been told.

Unfortunately, as you have already found, there is no other BIOS update for this system than the one listed in Software and Drivers.

You'll need to pursue other possible avenues to reduce / eliminate the issues.

Details / References

Product line first introduced July through October 2015

In two regions, the product was not introduced until mid-2018

Product Homepage

M9Z75AA HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014

BIOS Update Page

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B3E)

A quick check confirms the most recent BIOS update for this unit is (at this writing) dated November 2015.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello
I think too ,  you should look for something else, to solve the problem, before updating the bios ..
It should detail the problems encountered, what type of problem, with what exactly, etc.
That said, there is obviously a product page problem, an error somewhere!
We show here, in fact, the update:

A0.07 Rev.A17.7 MBNov 15, 2015Download

But we can find , this update, which should also correspond

A0.13 Rev.A29.4 MBMar 22, 2018

This package provides an update to HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family SSID 2B3E) for supported models running a supported operating system.

Fix and enhancements:

- Updates the microcode for Intel processor security enhancement.
** After this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled.

NB: I advise, however, not to launch this shift, before looking for another solution!

Previous version

A0.12 Rev.A29.4 MBAug 15, 2017Download

A0.11 Rev.A32.2 MBOct 21, 2016Download

A0.10 Rev.A32.0 MBJul 13, 2016Download

A0.06 Rev.A10.5 MBDec 24, 2015Download

A0.07 Rev.A17.7 MBNov 15, 2015Download

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry if this is a silly question, but wouldn't I want the newest version of the BIOS regardless? The software tech support (Corel) claimed the BIOS is the reason for the crashing as they couldn't find anything else out of place in my log files. Thanks again for doing that research on BIOS updates that are available. Very odd why the page is only showing the one from 2015. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, but there are two of us it seems to me that this is not necessarily the best solution
Corel, corel, that tells me something, is it a photo software or something else?
Tell us more about the problems and the software used.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

Corel is photo / image software.

I have no real personal opinion about Corel.

I did look at it several years ago...never chose to use it.

@DRinaldi777 

The fact is, that without our solving your Corel software issue in some other way, we cannot refute what Corel support tells you.  Corel could be right - maybe you need a new BIOS to run their software. 

The problem is that there is not a newer BIOS software update for your computer than the one posted.  Not.

Even if the proposed solution is correct, there is no way to resolve the problem of not having a newer BIOS.

Sometimes the answer is "No".

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It's Corel Paintshop Pro 2020. The software intermittently will crash both while working on a project as well as when idle. I then have to end the task in Task Manager. There seems to be no underlying cause for the glitch. I had sent Corel an msinfo32 and a winaudit and that's the conclusion they came up with. So ultimately who knows what's going on. Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

You should see that, but for me it might be a configuration problem.
If it is not a simple problem of drivers, or with windows, computer may not be efficient enough, it has a simple integrated video card

Integrated Intel HD Graphics

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@DRinaldi777 

Understood.

Unfortunately, the answer stands - even though the solution might have been in hand with newer software for your older computer.  "Older" is not meant to be an insult - tech can be old within a short time these days.

If you depend on Corel - and software like it, if you are a photographer and the particular tools you use are important, it might be time to consider updating your hardware - that is, purchase a newer computer. 

Older tech (and I am in the same general boat) is only going to have more and more trouble keeping up.

I do sympathize.

No one likes it when the answer is "No." 

We are rarely thanked for saying, "Nope, cannot do that" or "Cannot have that". 

Smiling.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I bumped up my ram and switched to an SSD, but I suppose bigger is better when dealing with this type of software. I am planning out a new home build as we speak so fingers crossed I don't muck it up. Stay safe, gang!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.