Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 595-p0412nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

BIOS update failed and now my desktop pc won't startup anymore

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Coen52 

Sorry to see this. The MB hardware should be okay but the BIOS may be corrupted.

What specifically happens when you try to start the PC? Does the PC turn on? Do you have video and/or USB (mouse and keyboard) function?

Try all troubleshooting steps at this HP Site.

You have some options if you cannot recover the BIOS using recovery steps at the above link.

-Contact HP for factory service.

-Have a local PC Tech reprogram the BIOS. I would provide this BIOS update to the Tech for BIOS flashing purposes. Your MB SSID is 843B.

-Check eBay or similar sites for an identical, replacement, HP MB.

HP Recommended

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. With the  windows and B button I can recover the BIOS. But after recovery the same happens:  desktop starts beeping 8 times and it says BIOS corruption has been detected. BIOS recovery will start automaticly. So pc gets in a loop of BIOS recovery. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Coen52 

My pleasure.

You are in a BIOS recovery loop.

You will have to use additional steps outlined in my previous response:

-Contact HP for factory service.

-Have a local PC Tech reprogram the BIOS. I would provide this BIOS update to the Tech for BIOS flashing purposes. Your MB SSID is 843B.

-Check eBay or similar sites for an identical, replacement, HP MB.

I don't know what else to suggest.

Avoid future automated BIOS updates in any case since it seems you may experiencing problems caused by a faulty BIOS update provided by HP or Microsoft.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.