Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
:SCEO16438182
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To whom it may concern,

I got Bad system config info error and I have tried to troubleshoot the problem by doing  recovery system, comand prompt and start up repair but I was not able to solve the issue .

I would be very thankful if you could help me.

BRs

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

NO pc TOLD SCEO16438182 (THIS MEANS ZERO, TO GOOGLE OR  SUPPORT PAGES)

SORRY'  I am doing desktops not laptops ever, that is why I AM HERE.

I can not carbon 14 date your PC and is first i my book

as old PCs 5-7 years old need  a new RTC coin cell battery of the BIOS NVRAM data is lost called BIOS configs.

I can not see your screen errors so any answer by me is like 10% accurate working dead blind.

Your PC  is not dead nor screen dead

so is BIOS errors are first, all post errors must not be ignored ever.  run HP diagnostic, varies by year PC made.

start with a real desktop unplugged from Ac WALL JACK

Even let the poor thing sit for 1 hour to discharge all caps inside the PC

then remove all USB devices, as they can short too and overload vbus or worse inside any PC . keep keyboard there.

and boot it using power button now. 

then hammer ESC key , and go to bios page make sure no errors there and time and date are not way off.

if are off ,the RTC coin cell is dead. and that is a SHOW STOPPER MAX. 

never seen windows ever use the word configs in 4 decades only BIOS but sure I can not see your screens fail.

1981 to 2021;. 4 decades now wow I'm old. 

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.