Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
H8-1214 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Beats audio no longer a viable add-in after windows 10 conversion. Can HP give this back to us? All alternatives I have tested have been inferior.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT w Beats Audio driver works for your model.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

VERSION: 6.10.6504.0      July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, but not looking for a "see if" solution. Barring  a "sure thing" HP fix, will just continue with other music players. Can't "beat" that Beats bass, though!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There will never be a sure thing because HP does not, and will not support that model series for W10.

That package restores the Beats audio on many older HP Desktops with the IDT audio chip.

I have given it to dozens of forum members with similar model desktops...maybe even yours.

That's up to you whether or not you want to give it a try.

I know I would be, since there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

HP Recommended

Sorry, perhaps a bit of a misunderstanding: I did not know that HP "will not support" my model for Windows 10 (it's still working fine,as they would want it to... Just likes to get hot fast, as we elder statesmen often do.)... After all, it wasn't sold with XP or something. (I do still have a Windows 95 mouse pad, but that went with an earlier HP model, I'm sure.)

Also, I don't want to install a driver that doesn't do the job and might screw up something else. In my experience there is always a good possibility of "something to lose" when experimenting with fixes.

Cheers!

Bill

HP Recommended

HP only supports PC's for W10 that were released to market in August 2013 or later. 

Yours was released to market on 11-Jan-2012.

Here is the link to that information...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

Cheers,

HP Recommended

Yep, got mine in Feb 2012. Seems a little shortsighted (look how far MS is going to support Windows) but "everything" seems to be working well so far (I converted to Win10 about 3 weeks ago). Still, I do like the HP product and will likely get one again when I need a new desktop (hopefully they will still be in the biz).

Thanks ~~

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.