Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq pro 6300 sff pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc was working fine, then I installed graphic card gtx 750, It was some times giving display some time not, so I tried to update the BIOS, but unfortunately while updating the BIOS pc was powered off because of electricity, Since then my pc is not displaying and it's beeping 8 times with red led blinking also 8 times while blinking fans are running, and after 1 minute fans run at full speed. 

I am sure that it is bios Interrupted. but how can I recover the bios without display. I have tried every possible solution non of them worked.

like, windows + B keys, nothing happens no display.

and HP pro 6300 BIOS update setup has no option to make a flashable usb drive to recover my BIOS from the usb even without display.

please help me out, I have just bought this pc recently.

I have almost read every thread about 8 beeps and BIOS failure but non of them worked for HP 6300 PRO.

Thank You.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Qavi_niz 

Sorry, but you trashed your own PC and now, there is no way to easily fix that -- since you tried the HP BIOS recovery function and that does not work.  Power failures during BIOS upgrades are guaranteed to trash PCs.

If you take the PC to a local service facility, they might be able to help you, but there is nothing you can do on your own about this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank for reply.

Actually there were not electricity issue but this error was come up. Here is an image

When the BIOS update was almost completed. And then suddenly the error was shown.

"Your pc ran into a problem"

compress-win10-1200x642.png

HP Recommended

@Qavi_niz 

NOW, you're changing your story!  You said "while updating the BIOS pc was powered off because of electricity" Your words, not mine.

HP Recommended

Sir Obviously these were my words..  

But what was actually happened that time,  I have said in the second comment..

So sir please tell me is there any solution?

HP Recommended

@Qavi_niz 

Sorry, but there is no solution to a failed BIOS update -- either it works or it does not.  If you keep trying, you risk corrupting the BIOS and that will render your PC unusable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.