Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a z420 on Ebay. It arrived and I was very happy. The workstatio came without an operating system, so I couldn't try it. I installed Windows 10. It seemed to work properly, though I didn’t really try. And then I installed the latest bios, which installed without any error messages. And then I installed all the HP drivers.
After that, I started using workstation. And there is a serious problem, all usb3 ports do not work. And the LAN port does not work.
I tried everything but did not work.
Could this be some bios problem? Unfortunately, I did not write down the previous bios number. But maybe it was very old and I should have installed an intermediate version before installing the latest bios?
What are your opinions? What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would start by downloading and installing the HP Support Assistant software. This will scan the system and search for any missing system drivers.

You will also want to bookmark the HP Z420 Support page. As a minimum, have a browse around and familiarize yourself with the resources available. I strongly recommend you download the Maintenance and Service manual.

Are the USB and LAN devices visible in Device Manager?

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.