Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Bit Locker

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I allowed my HP Envy laptop to update, It updated BIOS I think, and after updating it came onto the Bit Locker screen (due to changes in Secure Boot), and I never installed it or set it up. I do not have the recovery key, and I’ve checked my microsoft accounts. Is there any way to recover it? I have some school files on there a really need to get to.

I was signed into one drive/outlook via my university and is it possible they could have done that? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it is because of a wrong HP bios update.    hopefully HP can send a fix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The exact same thing happened to me last week (June 20th-21st).  I have no bit locker recovery key set up in my personal Microsoft account but it is turned on and I am locked out.  I did not set it up myself either. I was logged into my university one drive account the last time I accessed the computer. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation