Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had this issue with 1903 too. System says ok for update. Using all of the update methods, and after updating BIOS and graphics drivers (and all W10 other updates) the feature update ends with a black screen and no cursor. System is unresponsive (though may be some drive activity). On rebooting (3x) only option is to wind back to old version.

Model has upgraded SSD (512Gb) and RAM (16Gb). [AMD-A10-9700 Radeon R7 on HP82FE11 board]

Does the graphics on this machine have a separate BIOS that I need to update (and then how?)?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SnapperNeil
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

• Step 1: Remove discs and devices
  • Step 2: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 3: Run hardware diagnostic tests
  • Step 4: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

To get the answer to this question, there's no separate BIOS for graphic card and controls various hardware devices that make up the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I discovered the Radeon 'tidy-up' utility - it couldn't do a full clean up on the first run but on running again did.

However the move to the March 2020 driver* did not complete without the 'untidy' error still BUT it has resolved the BSoD with graphics apps (so far!).

(*found a report that said this resolved some instances of a black screen occuring.)

Won't get a chance to try a full update to W10 (as it takes c 1/2 day) for a bit.

Neil

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.