Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G4 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting somtimes (now more often) a blue screen when opening a site frome school (Toledo and outlook). The error happens more often and is realy annoying. The error is caused by  ipeaklwf.sys and states DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What can I do about this?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have also started getting this error with increasing frequency, twice in the last week. Exactly the same stop code (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) and file (ipeaklwf.sys).

I assume this is a problem with an HP driver. Please advise how to fix?

HP Recommended

I've found a solution for my problem: I deleted 'hp velocity' and never got the error again. Hopefully it works for you too.

HP Recommended

I'm consistently getting the Blue Screen of Death with error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with WebEx.  Sometimes this is when I'm starting a WebEx session, sometimes when I try to share my screen.

What Failed = ipeaklwf.sys

I'm using a new HPzBook 15u G4 Mobile Workstation with Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

Following the advice of another post, I uninstalled HP Velocity.  I then restarted, and ran WebEx again.  I was able to start WebEx and share my screen without a crash.  I'll need to try this again, but this may have solved the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

I´m having the same problem on a HP Zbook 17 G4 

Stopcode : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ipeaklwf.sys

I don´t have WebEx installed .

If i turn off the network, stops Skype for business before it connects, then i can turn on network and it will work witout Skype ??

HP Recommended

I have the same Zbook.. did you ever resolve this??

HP Recommended

Uninstalling 'hp velocity' made the problem go away for me.  I've never tried reinstalling it.

HP Recommended

I have had my Elitebook since late 2017 and I have used Zoom on it, but yesterday while teaching online using WebEx, I received the four screen four times with the error Driver_IRQL words and lpeaklwf.sys.  I see to turn off HP Velocity to solve this issue, but how do I go about that. When I search for it on my laptop, no results appear.  Please help!

HP Recommended

HP Velocity has an icon(looks like a speedometer) in the sytem tray (near the time and date). By left-clicking on the icon, you can disable HP Velocity and this will survive reboots and you should no longer see any issues.

HP should be releasing a newer version of HP Velocity soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.