Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 19 ALL IN ONE/HP 19-2113W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my uncle's computer was working fine and was put in sleep mode. When he woke it up he got an error saying that there was an issue and posdibky something was loose.  So I took it apart and removed his dust bunny colony and now there is another error saying boot disk not found with harddisk (3F0). And I don't think he has a reboot disk. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@PandoraSage 

Hate to ask, but are you sure you did not dislodge the internal drive connection when you had the PC open?

That, and a failing drive, can product this message.  

So, let's check that first, because if it is failing, it would need to be replaced and there is no point then in doing anything else until we confirm that.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.
If the drive checks out OK, then report that and I can provide you options for reinstalling Windows on your PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Check the sata cables and the power cables to the hard drive. If you unplugged any, make sure the one to the hard drive goes to the right connector on the board, usually the dark blue one.  You can try to get to the boot menu on start up, sometimes esc key or a function key, you will find it on the hp support page for that model. if it shows windows loader in the list go for that.

HP Recommended

@WAWooD Yes, I tried that and gave me the same issue and when I testrd the harddrive it said it was blank.I loosened and tightened everything as well. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it will most probably need a full reinstall. There are plenty of videos on HP support site and youtube on how to reinstall.  It's bad luck. 

HP Recommended

@PandoraSage 

The HP diagnostics check the sectors on the drive.  So, when you are saying it is blank, I have to guess that you did not use the HP diagnostics to check the drive.

If the diagnostics said the drive could not be found, then it has failed and you won't be able to reinstall Windows until you replace the drive.

So, what is the actual situation?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

From my experience through this week on my HP Desktop, if your HP not working, try NOT do following, cause HP will stop you and stuck there forever:

1. DO NOT clean install windows on HP computers, It will prevent you from boot from CD or USB.

2. DO NOT mess around with partitions that specially designed for HP recovery your PC or laptop, once you accidentally messed up with partition, there is no ways to go back whatsoever, no matter how much you spend on HP for fixing it.

If you unfortunately came across any above situations, STOP USING HP. By the way, resetting your windows on HP will stuck you on 11% or 12% or 60% forever.

HP Recommended

Something like this is happening to me, I was installing window 10 on my laptop I formated the partition in which my last window was Installed.

Then I also formated other partitions those partitions were dynamic, in order to make new partitions i go to "repair my pc " option and then through command prompt I cleaned all dynamic partitions and everything then I tried to reinstall window but now again and again a black screen appears and ask to check hard drive check.

I checked my hard drive everything is good, but it says boot drive not found.

Just help me how I can reinstall windows on my laptop.

I will be very thankful.

Thanks

Shahbaz
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.