Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-3310qe CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having some problems with my wireless internet connection. The 5GHz WiFi service from my router is not showing up on my Windows 10 computer.

The system that I own is HP Envy Phoenix 810-3310qe CTO desktop. The WiFi adapter installed  in my system is a

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi  Adapter. This card shows 802.11n,  802.11g and 802.11b network modes, Therefore my PC has 2.4 GHz network capability only.

I understand that, if I want my PC to display and connect to the 5Ghz network that my router (FiOS Quantum™ Gateway  Model FiOS-G1100) supports and provides, I need to upgrade my PC's WiFi adapter.

Please, I would like you to recommend the appropriate WiFi adapter for my desktop so I can replace it.

Mr_PC

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no such model number PC.

Is it an 810-330QE?

If so, you need to open up the PC, and see how many antenna cables are connected to the Broadcom wifi card in there now.

You can't direct swap to a dual band internal wifi card without having two antenna cables present.

The wifi card looks like the one in the link below, and it will be lying flat on the motherboard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/752597-001-HP-Stream-11-d010wm-11-d-Series-WiFi-Wireless-Card-753076-001-Ge...

Here is the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03280829

If your PC has two antenna cables connected to the BCM wifi card, you can upgrade to this model...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0           HP Part # 710661-001

The card has a maximum throughput of 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band using an AC router.

The card is readily available on eBay or Amazon.

Search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

Prior to installing the Intel card, uninstall both the Broadcom wifi and Bluetooth adapters in the device manager and check the uninstall driver box.

If there is Broadcom Bluetooth software listed in the Windows control panel>programs section, uninstall that too.

Then shut down, unplug the PC, and install the Intel card.

HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Tikkanen:

Thanks for your reply concerning my HP Envy Phoenix 810-3310qe Wi-Fi card.

First  of all I would like to apologize for not answering you in a timely manner; I have had a series of things happening in my life which have prevented me for doing so.  Having said that, I am now back to working with my computer and I would like to continue with the process of replacing the single band Wi-Fi card.

This is what I have done so far:

1.- I opened the PC and found the old Wi-Fi card (BCM943142HMBPFXH_2)        (HP P/N: 752597-001)   lying flat on the motherboard. The card has two black wires connected to it.

2.- I purchased from EBAY the following Wi-Fi card as you specified.

OEM    HP 710661-001 Intel Dual Wireless – AC 7260  7260HMW BT  4.0 PCIe Half

As you specified in your message posted on  ‎09-11-2019, prior to installing the Intel card, I need to uninstall both the Broadcom wifi and Bluetooth adapters in the device manager.

The device manager lists the following among other devices:

HP-Envy-Phoenix

Bluetooth

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Broadcom 43142 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Network adapters

Bluetooth PAN Help Text

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

First, I will double click Broadcom 43142 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (under Bluetooth) and under the DRIVER tab I will click the Uninstall Device box and click OK.

Then

Second, I will double click Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and under the DRIVER tab I will click the Uninstall Device box and click OK.

In the Windows control panel>programs section, the following Broadcom Bluetooth software are listed:

Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter

Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter

Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers

Should I uninstall all three software?

In case I would need to restore the old Wi-Fi card, where would i find the driver's and software of the old Wi-Fi card?

I noticed that the old Wi-Fi card has two black wires connected to the motherboard with a female Quick Disconnect Terminal. The new card has the two wires connection but they do not have the male Quick Disconnect Terminal.

The software I downloaded  that contains the driver/s for the new Wi-Fi card is  WiFi_21.10.1_PROSet64_Win10 from the Intel download website. Once I install the new card I will install the drivers and software of the new card.

Again. I appreciate what you have done up to know.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you software uninstall all of the Broadcom wifi and Bluetooth devices.

I don't understand the hardware aspect of what you are writing.

The two wifi cards should both look the same...HMC half mini card format with two antenna connectors on each side of the card...main and aux.

You remove the antenna cables from the wifi card, not the motherboard, and snap them on the new card's terminals.

Then the card should be held down by one screw, which you remove to release the card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.