Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a6620f Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows Vista

My burner opens up and when a CD or DVD is inserted, the light just blinks.  Nothing opens up to view the disc that was inserted.  I checked for an updated driver on my computer and it says the driver is installed correctly.  How do I get this to work??  Anybody?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Never mind my inquiry for help, I solved it on my own by searching on line to the error code of 19.  In case anyone else has this problem do this below.  It fixed the problem!!!!

See if iTunes is causing the problem

Despite being a fairly popular piece of software, iTunes has been known to create quite a mess in the registry. If you’re using it, this might be the cause of the Code 19 problem, so it’s worth seeing if it helps.

1. Open your Control Panel by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, typing Control Panel and opening the result.
  2. To the top right, switch to Large icons view, and locate Programs and Features, then open it by clicking on it.
  3. From the list, find iTunes and click the Repair button from the top toolbar. Follow the wizard until the end, and reboot your device. You shouldn’t be facing this issue anymore, if iTunes was the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Never mind my inquiry for help, I solved it on my own by searching on line to the error code of 19.  In case anyone else has this problem do this below.  It fixed the problem!!!!

See if iTunes is causing the problem

Despite being a fairly popular piece of software, iTunes has been known to create quite a mess in the registry. If you’re using it, this might be the cause of the Code 19 problem, so it’s worth seeing if it helps.

1. Open your Control Panel by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, typing Control Panel and opening the result.
  2. To the top right, switch to Large icons view, and locate Programs and Features, then open it by clicking on it.
  3. From the list, find iTunes and click the Repair button from the top toolbar. Follow the wizard until the end, and reboot your device. You shouldn’t be facing this issue anymore, if iTunes was the problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.