Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought this desktop from Best Buy 4 days ago.  It had some glitchy parts to it so I updated to Windows 8.1 which solved the glitchy problems.  However, now I keep getting a Blue Screen with Critical Structure Corruption error about every 20 minutes.  I called Microsoft Support and they were useless...

This is my system:

Product Name: 500-164

Serial number:{Private Information Removed}

Product number: H6U14AA#ABA

Windows 8.1 64-bit

I have updated and installed all of your updates after updating to 8.1 and the problem still persists.  One of the MS updates is so darn large, I can't even get it downloaded before the PC crashes again...

Can someone please, please help me resolve this problem?????

Call?   Will gladly text/message my phone number...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, here's what I finally had to do...  (PC was still glitchy - wouldn't install some of my programs properly).

Still glitchy so I reloaded / fresh install back to Windows 8.  Uninstalled Nortons (hate it) and installed my own AV.  Upgraded to 8.1 immediately.  Then to ensure that all Windows drivers installed properly, I installed each one individually (turned off auto download/install option).  For this being a new PC, it was just too much for Windows (not the HP system) to install all of them at once.  I re-installed all my programs and it works great now.

So seems there was a problem with the initial install of my PC and by reloading it, I fixed it...

LOVE this computer and I see where everyone is complaining about 8.1 - well if it is installed right, it's fantastic!  I couldn't be happier.  The fix was done over about 2 days time but it sure was worth it!  Thank you for trying to help...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That seems to be a pretty common fault in Windows 8.1. Unfortunately the causes are just as numerous:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Critical+Structure+Corruption+error+&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Just wanted to follow up and let you know I may've solved the problem. 

I downloaded all of the HP updates for upgrading to windows 8.1 from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=5399024&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en - it still crashed...

Then I saw a message from MS to download the new SPTD driver from http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads and it hasn't crashed since...

Now I can update my Windows drivers (I hope)...

So, this may or not have solved my problem - just thought I'd post my apparent resolution for other people that may have my system.

HP Recommended

OK, here's what I finally had to do...  (PC was still glitchy - wouldn't install some of my programs properly).

Still glitchy so I reloaded / fresh install back to Windows 8.  Uninstalled Nortons (hate it) and installed my own AV.  Upgraded to 8.1 immediately.  Then to ensure that all Windows drivers installed properly, I installed each one individually (turned off auto download/install option).  For this being a new PC, it was just too much for Windows (not the HP system) to install all of them at once.  I re-installed all my programs and it works great now.

So seems there was a problem with the initial install of my PC and by reloading it, I fixed it...

LOVE this computer and I see where everyone is complaining about 8.1 - well if it is installed right, it's fantastic!  I couldn't be happier.  The fix was done over about 2 days time but it sure was worth it!  Thank you for trying to help...

HP Recommended
Whaoh this is magnificent, it works like magic just like a bang. 2 hours now no crash, thanks for sharing this.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.