Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The new Pavilion AIO came with Windows 10 a few months back and I have used facial recognition to log in.  All fine until 1 week ago when Windows Welcome screen now  says "Getting ready..." and then "Cannot turn on camera. Use PIn to sign in".

If I go into RealSense, the camera is working fine.  The Windows settings for the camera are all turned on, so nothing seems to have changed.

Is it a recent Windows 10 update that has changed the signal to teh camera?  If so, how do I restire it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @DavidG6,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that your web camera is not working properly for login purposes.  I am happy to assist you with this.

Assuming that it may have been a recent Windows 10 update that is the culprit, you can try using HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 to go back to setting from before the issue appeared and see if it now works.  If it does, then it is likely some software change to your system.  Once you have determined that, then you can check out:  How to Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates - howtogeek.com, to prevent that set of updates.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @DavidG6,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that your web camera is not working properly for login purposes.  I am happy to assist you with this.

Assuming that it may have been a recent Windows 10 update that is the culprit, you can try using HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 to go back to setting from before the issue appeared and see if it now works.  If it does, then it is likely some software change to your system.  Once you have determined that, then you can check out:  How to Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates - howtogeek.com, to prevent that set of updates.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks Malygris1, you're a star.  I restored the PC to where it was before the last Windows 10 update, which was 9 days ago, and the calera login is now working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.