Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 600G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HI,
I when try to put the OS windows 7, stops working the keyboard and mouse. The UEFI, keyboard and mouse work. The installation was producing from a flash drive. Screenshot errors space below.

Step1.JPG

Please tell me, what to do in the UEFI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem is that there is no native USB2 support in the Skylake Chipset until after you install W7 and can install the chipset drivers.

If you want to install W7 on that machine, the only way you are going to be able to do it, is as I have posted above.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have the SFF or MT, you either have to use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse, or you have to run this tool to put the usb 3 drivers on your W7 installation flash drive. 

You would have no choice but to run the tool if you have the G2 Mini, since there are no PS/2 ports.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

There is a readme link with instructions for how to use the tool.

This tool has to be run on a PC with W8.1 or W10.

HP Recommended

What to install the driver on usb 3.0, if the flash drive is inserted into the usb 2.0?

HP Recommended

The problem is that there is no native USB2 support in the Skylake Chipset until after you install W7 and can install the chipset drivers.

If you want to install W7 on that machine, the only way you are going to be able to do it, is as I have posted above.

HP Recommended

Many thanks  :).

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Had same issue... I am able to boot into Windows using a PS2 mouse/keyboard, and later install chipset and USB3 drivers. 

My problem is that when I reboot, even after rebooting 2-3 times, the system is extremely slow to boot.  I have tried to reset BIOS to factory defaults but my sytem still takes 3-5 minutes to go from power on to actually seeing the blue Windows 7 background with Ctrl-Alt-Del screen.   Thoughts??

BIOS is last known 2.10 N02 update.  BIOS boot options set for Legacy enable, SecureBoot disabled.  I also have FastBoot enabled, 5 seconds, PXE disabled.  Am I missing any other settings?

I tried fresh install from provided HP Win7 recovery disks, and same slow boot results.  FWIW, once logged into Windows, the system behaves normally.  It is just that POST segment that takes the longest 3-5 minutes.  It shoudl only be taking 45-60 seconds to boot into Windows.  Any help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

was successful. I was not successful

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.