Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq DC7900 Convertible Minitower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get this error, when after seeing Windows Logo.

Kernel Security Check Failure with BSOD.

And it keeps restarting then goes windows Preparing Automatic Repair and back to BSOD.

Please help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This Microsoft site (Link) is for programmers but does have some general troubleshooting tips and links to additional information.

This bug check code has a lot of possible causes.

Regards

HP Recommended

Greetings to you too,

That doesn't help me much but f I could get into Safe Mode, that would be great. 

I tried installing Linux, Ubuntu but it got stuck on Loading Ubuntu logo screen.

This PC is 10 years old. I believe I may have to buy a new computer. Any discounts offered for a Non-profit 501-c organization?

Budget less than 600 please.

HP Recommended

The PC is for Not-for-profit Catholic Church in the US. Any help is much appreciated in purchasing a good enough pc to record sound from soundboard to the PC, probably use it as a server since we would be doing Live Streaming.

HP Recommended

Hi DPersian,

You're very welcome. I don't work for HP.

You may have a hardware problem if you can't install Linux.

I suggest you contact HP Sales (Link) for assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thank you Grzwacz
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Try this (Link) for HP Sales Support.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.