Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, this is a quote from a post about 6 months ago that is now locked. I am having the same issue as this person. Unfortunately the solution was never posted. The only difference is my old version was F.14 and mien wont boot.

I cant seems to figure this one out. Thanks!

"Hi all,

After a particularly nasty "Preparing automatic repair" crash loop that began sometime in the early morning on 08/10/2020 (I assume after a windows update or something along those lines), I flashed my BIOS to version F.28 Rev.A found here. I realized after the fact that this is probably not the correct BIOS to be installed since the ROM SSID does not match my system (which according to the motherboard spec sheet here is 2B4B, and the BIOS I installed is apparently for ROM SSID 830C). 

The PC appears to be fully functional now with the exception of a message at bootup saying I'm missing information on my system board (product name, product serial number and product number) and another message saying "Error sending End of Post message to ME: HECI disabled, proceeding with boot !"

The F.28 Rev.A download and install on a USB disk acted as expected: downloaded the installer -> prompted me with the Update/Create Recovery Disk -> created the recovery disk.

However, when I try to do the same process with the version of BIOS for my ROM SSID, the installation process never occurs. Instead it just creates some local files on my PC and never runs the program to create the recovery disk.

The files created on the local machine look as follows:

C:\SWSetup\SP85454

ECFW.exe

FLASH.BAT

Pegalo64.sys

SETUP.EXE

THIA059E.exe

THIA059L.exe

THID0600.EC

When I run THIA059L.exe it opens the prompt to create a disk (update is grayed out saying it is an older version of BIOS and not compatible with my machine), but trying to install it via the diagnostic menu ends with a message saying it isn't intended for my machine or that there is no signature found. This is bizarre because when I download other versions of the BIOS from that page, it creates a single .exe that I run to begin the recovery disk creation process rather than all of these files. 

I have already tried every single troubleshooting method found on these forums and in the user manuals for this machine. There have been no hardware changes and hardware diagnostics come back clean (including chkdsk /f /r). the Windows + B + Power method which gave me 8 beeps but then stalled at a black screen, and when I try to rollback from the Diagnostics menu (F2 at startup) it says its unable to rollback because there is no signature (or something along those lines).

I would like to restore my BIOS to version F.10 (the version that came installed from factory) or at least get a version of BIOS that was meant for my ROM SSID. Unless the fact that my PC isn't bricked implies that the current version of BIOS I have installed is an acceptable solution.

Thanks in advance!"

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Can-t-find-a-way-to-create-reco...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

From Windows Explorer, what do you see after opening the folder that contains those files, and clicking with the second (usually the right-side) button on the "FLASH.BAT" file, and choosing "Edit" ? 

It should give you a hint on what command, with options, to enter from a command-line prompt. Or, of course, at the command-line prompt, after using "CD" (Change Directory) to the folder, what happens when you enter "FLASH" (or "FLASH.BAT")  ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.