Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion A6745f

A while back I upgraded my HP Pavillion A6745f to Windows 10, but when I went to download drivers, there were none for Windows 10.

I decided to give it a try anyways and complete as many windows/task manager updates as I could in the hope that Windows would have some sort of generic drivers to get things working properly.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it's the drivers, or Windows 10 itself just being too much for the PC, but I came to the conclusion that I'm going to switch back to the previous support OS (which I believe was Windows 7). It ran faster, and had all the drivers.

But today I was on the HP website and although my PC is listed there "https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01625611", when I go through the "Software & Drivers" it doesn't seem to exist at all. Like it just keeps telling me to try again even after entering the serial number/product number and name.

I even tried downloading and using the software assistant and it looked like it found it but then says to choose a different OS, but the website link to choose a different OS does nothing.

So did HP remove all the drivers? Or I guess I should have backed them up... Just confused. Although I suppose I could search the web and download copies of the drivers from some random sketchy sites. Would you guys have any suggestions on what I could/should do? -- Aside from buying/building another computer 😛

Or maybe if there's any way to confirm whether the slowness is driver related or windows 10 related, or if there's a good way to make windows 10 faster (already tried "adjust for best performance" in performance options.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires driver support for consumer class products that are 10 years old.

Your PC was released to market on 20-Nov-2008, which is why there are no drivers listed anymore.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01625611

It was never supported for W10 by HP since it was made prior to August of 2013.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find most of the W7 drivers you need directly from the hardware manufacturer's websites (Realtek, AMD).

If you decide to go back to W7 and need help finding drivers, please post back and I will see what I can do to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.