Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 19 All-On-One PC

So at around 2pm my pc completely turned itself off. Puzzled, I tried turning it back on but it wouldn't. So I went to work. Now at almost 1am, my pc will not start restart power on cough sneeze whatever. I know it's an older pc (2014) but i have NEVER had this issue with it. Plz help!! I can't play Sims 4 or be a productive adult!! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It it difficult to say what might have happened.  Since it just shut off and will not start, try checking the power supply.  Verify that it is plugged in securely at the outlet and at the PC.  Remove the plug and reinsert it at both locations.

While the power cord is disconnected, press and hold the start button for 10 seconds, then release.  Then proceed.

Does the power supply have a green light to show that it is on?  Does the PC start now?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanx so much 4 ur response!! 

Unfortunately no, the power supply light isn't working. Not a peep is made when trying to turn it on. The whole thing has gone bananas and is now just just an empty blk vessel, devoid of any and all activity. Could I have simply just "burnt out" my pc?? 🤔

HP Recommended

You do not mention if you did what I suggested before. -

Verify that it is plugged in securely at the outlet and at the PC. Remove the plug and reinsert it at both locations.

While the power cord is disconnected, press and hold the start button for 10 seconds, then release. Then proceed.

Most AIO have a power supply similar to this

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Pavilion-Desktop-Monitor-19-2304/dp/B08LVQHB1Y/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild...

I would start with that first.  If there is no light on the power supply, check to see if there is voltage present at the output plug with a voltmeter.  If there is not voltage, replace the power supply.  If you do not have any means to check for voltage, see if a friend or handyman can check it for you or just replace the power supply.  The one I linked is inexpensive and Amazon's return policy is liberal.

If that does not produce any different results, either have the PC checked by a repair tech or be thinking about a new PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.