Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-one 24-dp0158qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New PC, after using PCmover to transfer all data and apps from old HP TouchSmart600 to new HP PC receive error message: "JAN2OSD can't open ACPI kernel mode driver." Also when I click OK the screen dims back to minimum; resetting stays bright.  All  other functions seem to be normal. Updating all system and drivers has not helped.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Sinned3 

Reinstall the ACPI driver in the Device Manager

Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open Batteries > Right-ClickMicrosoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" > Uninstall > tab Action > Check for hardware changes (to reinstall the driver)

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP 24-dp0000 All-in-One Desktop PC series

HP All-in-One 24-dp0158qe Product Specifications

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

There is no "Batteries" heading listed in Device Manager; also missing is "Portable devices," which is  a separate  problem. Please advise.

HP Recommended

@Sinned3 

Hmm..

In so much that I am aware...

Batteries is a standard Device Manager entry that is either detected - or not - by the Device Manager.

I would guess the software moving software did not move all the drivers and software after all.

@WAWood 

Words of wisdom?

Customer has used PC mover software and is missing "Batteries" category in the Device Manager.

As a result, the ACPI cannot be reinstalled.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portable Devices Category

Portable Devices has to do with your phone (maybe iPhone) - this subject is discussed pretty thoroughly in Apple community (for example) - the suggestion I pulled for an example suggests trying to get the Device Manager to re-establish the connection or removing / reinstalling the iTunes software.

Example

Device Manager is missing Portable Devices

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur 

PC Mover has issues migrating from one Windows version to another.  If the old PC was Win7 and the new one Win10, this is almost certainly going to cause issues as when I tried such migrations, they failed more often than not.

IF the old PC is Win10, there is also the issue of different versions -- as in 1903, 1909, 2004.  OP needs to enter "winver" into the search areas of both PCs to see the specific Windows version each PC is using.

BTW, I had so much trouble with PC Mover and Win10, that I switch over to using EaseUS ToDo PC Transfer -- much easier to use and much more reliable: https://www.easeus.com/pc-transfer-software/pctrans-pro.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I checked the old  PC and there was no "Batteries" listed either.

Re Portable Devices: yes, I can't get iTunes to recognize my iPhone due to no Apple USB drivers. So far, striking out on all  suggested fixes.

HP Recommended

@WAWood 

Thanks.  I remembered seeing your comments and then lost track of them in the crush.

Appreciate the insight.

@Sinned3 

Rats.

Striking out on this side, too.  🤔

Perhaps another Expert who has actually used the "mover" software and / or has seen this issue can help.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Checking Winver showed old PC Win 10 Version 1903 and new PC Win 10 version 2004 so that looks  like the main source of  problems.

What to do  now?

Can I just buy EaseUS ToDo  PC Transfer and use it on top  of having already used PCmover?

HP Recommended

@Sinned3 

You're running Win10 v2004!! You have my sympathies.

Did your PC Offer you the update through Windows Update? Or did you (1) use the Media Creation Tool to do the Update, or (2) use the MS Upgrade Assistant to do the Update?

IF you created your own media and then Forced the update, you bypassed the MS built-in Windows Update function that checks to see if there are Update Blocks in place to prevent your PC being corrupted by the Update.

See this for information:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I don't really remember but believe it was Windows Update. I didn't do anything special just hit Update I think. The link you sent me scared the pants off me.

I'm confused as to what I need to do. Please advise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.