Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-319na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've had this problem for quite a while with my BIOS but I didn't have any reason to change it, but I recently needed to turn on "virtualisation". So I turned my PC off and when it turned on, I kept clicking on the F10 key to access it. It didn't work so I tried other keys but nothing worked. When I turn my PC on, the fans ramp up with no signal on the monitor yet, and then the fans slow down and it loads straight into the Windows login screen. It does not show the HP logo or any other loading screens. I tried getting into the UEFI BIOS by shift clicking the restart button. When I clicked on it, the PC would restart and the fans would start to ramp up, and then proceed to beep 6 times, same time intervals and they were long beeps. I tried finding what the issue could be by looking up the BIOS codes, it said it had to do with the GPU being incompatible with the BIOS. I had upgraded my PC not too long ago with a 600W power supply and an RX 580 4GB. I tried installing it and was greeted with the same 6 beeps, and what I did to fix it was to turn on Legacy Boot in the BIOS by installing my old GT 705 and accessing the BIOS that way. I also recently bought a new CPU (i7 4790) and another 8GB stick of RAM. The same 6 beeps would also occur if I were to unplug the PC from the power supply and plug it back in. It would do the 6 beeps for 3 different times I start up my PC, turn on normally, and then after 3 times it wouldn't beep and my PC would just boot up normally. My new CPU had integrated graphics, so I removed my GPU and plugged my VGA cable into my motherboard and hooked it up to my monitor. It turned on this time with a black screen and white text saying what my CPU was and what RAM I had, then showed the HP logo with a loading symbol and then loaded me into the Windows login screen. I rebooted my PC and clicked the F10 and got into the BIOS, turned virtualisation on, saved the changes and exited. I then loaded into Windows and checked Task Manager, in the CPU section (under the performance tab) and at the bottom right it said "Virtualisation: Enabled", so I turned off my computer and placed my GPU back into the slot and plugged my HDMI cable back in and booted it up. It again beeps 6 times but loaded into Windows, but when I went to check the Task Manager to see if Virtualisation was enabled, it said it was 'Disabled'. I don't know why this happened, so I removed the GPU and plugged in the cable and tried changing the BIOS and saved the settings. I plugged the GPU back in and loaded into Windows, the same 6 beeps, and the BIOS changes weren't saved. 

I really do not know what the issue is and would really appreciate any help.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the BIOS changes weren't saved. 

Maybe, the coin-sized battery on the motherboard needs to be replaced ???

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

the BIOS changes weren't saved. 

Maybe, the coin-sized battery on the motherboard needs to be replaced ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.