Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite HPE-377A
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Hard drive crashed a few months ago and had to be replaced and the operating system re installed. Unfortunately the HP service people had difficulty in obtaining the replacement operating system and I have now discovered that a 32 bit system was installed instead of the previous 64 bit system. As a result I have several program not fully functional.

Can anyone help me in obtaining the 64 bit system for this computer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You posted that your PC is running W10 32 bit. It originally came with W7.

If you had previouly upgraded to W10, you can download the 64 bit version of W10, and clean install it by using the media creation tool from the link below.

Read the info under the section labeled 'Using the tool to create installation media.'

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

During the installation process, when you are asked to enter a product key, there will also be an option to select: 'I don't have a product key.'

Select that option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are reconnected to the internet.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You posted that your PC is running W10 32 bit. It originally came with W7.

If you had previouly upgraded to W10, you can download the 64 bit version of W10, and clean install it by using the media creation tool from the link below.

Read the info under the section labeled 'Using the tool to create installation media.'

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

During the installation process, when you are asked to enter a product key, there will also be an option to select: 'I don't have a product key.'

Select that option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are reconnected to the internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.