Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know how to get my computer to recover or how to get recovery disk.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You can order HP Recovery media at this (Link). You may also have the HP Cloud Recovery option available.

Can you run Windows now?

A factory recovery will cause data loss if you have not backed up data to external media. Have you tried a Microsoft system restore point? This might help if your PC is now acting up due to a recent Microsoft update or HP update.

You could start the PC, tap "ESC", then select "F11" to try a recovery without the HP Recovery media per above.This method uses the HP Recovery partition on the HDD.

You have not stated why you need to do a recovery but if your system is not working well you could also check hardware for issues by starting the PC, tap "ESC", select "F2". run system tests.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Meyerts,

If the drive is not recoverable via @Grzwacz suggestion, Lazesoft Recovery software might help.

You can download a free WIN 10, as shown here, for a different PC onto a USB 16GB drive (not an 8GB).

Using a new 1TB drive, unformatted hard drive, install it into the computer.  Using the WIN 10 download, you can install a fresh OS.  Generic drivers will get it running. HP drivers can be downloaded on the HP driver support page.

Discussion of reading the data off that old drive will be another topic.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.