Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was working on my desktop and left for a period of time to perform errands. The machine had gone into sleep mode as usual, when I returned and shook the mouse the machine did not wake as normal. I pressed the start button and nothing happened. I tried this several times and still nothing. I unplugged the unit and waited 10 minutes, plugged it back in and pressed the start button but nothing happened. I changed power supplies with one that was working and it still did not start the computer and the power supply did work on my other computer. What should I do next, please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@1TommyG,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the PC. However, I would recommend you try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

You may follow the steps from this support document to ensure you have followed all the steps before confirming this to be a hardware issue. HP PCs - No Power or No Boot Guided Troubleshooter

Alternatively, you may make use of this video for - Click here

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suspect this to be a possible hardware failure. 

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, but I had done all that and nothing so I did contact HP support and now I am sending the unit to them for repair.

HP Recommended

@1TommyG,

Good to know the issue has been taken care. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.