Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-g227c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning I noticed a new update was available on HP Support Assistant.  When clicking on the update icon, there was a brief notification about update(s) not being applicable to my  computer and having been removed. Nothing was specified as to exactly what updates. I noticed that today's update was listed as PC BIOS F.75 "for supported computers with supported operating systems."  This was somewhat cryptic in that I have been informed that my all-in-one is no longer supported and that parts would no longer be available.  Conservative interpretation would be "BIOS not applicable."  Being cautious about BIOS updates, I decided not to attempt the update to F.75 without further clarification or learning if anyone else in my situation had done so successfully.   My computer runs Windows 10 64-bit and is not eligible for an update to 11 as it is equipped with a 7th generation Core i5 processor. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yes, indeed, I noticed that for different models
sometimes there are very few updates, and sometimes hp gives several in a row!
but sometimes this will only bring security updates, with no further information of what is changed!
please validate an answer if it suits you, in order to help other users, and close the subject, if you have no other questions

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

you are talking here about several different things at the same time
for the sake of clarity, I will therefore only speak of hp support assistant
Sometimes the program shows updates by mistake
Your computer has this motherboard

Hawaii-KU motherboard specifications.

• HP name: Hawaii-KU
  • SSID: 82DD

so you have here, the updates specific to the motherboard

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-24-g200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13823546/mo...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82DD)

F.37 Rev.A8.9 MBAug 19, 2018Download

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My most recent BIOS is F.74 that was updated May, 2022.  The essence of my question is that the notice from HP seemed confusing, From your  feedback it seems  that I  have the proper resources to download the BIOS.  That's why I wondered what downloads had been removed, or if it had been the one listed.  Also the phrases: "supported computer and supported operating system" implied that my machine wasn't eligible for update. That's what I found to be cryptic.  Since my computer has no problems at this time, I will keep things the way they are. 

I agree with you that HP Support Assistant has pushed downloads that sometimes not applicable. One of these was the firmware update for my printer, that was older than the one that came with the printer (I had done an additional update after that).  But they kept pushing the old update, and of course, it would not install.

HP Recommended

it's a hell of a leap forward between hp support assistant and the product page, sometimes there's a gap of only a few versions
I have to check if I find other information..
So maybe there is no problem.
"Also the phrases: "supported computer and supported operating system" implied that my machine wasn't eligible for update."
not necessarily, it's just a warning, which can be found anywhere, but does not mean that not the case!
That said, I regularly indicate that if your computer has no particular problem, that the update is not supposed to correct this said problem, then it is better to avoid it!

(edit)

ok, not that yet, but hp seems to be not at all up to date in the product pages
I found this a little too old, but there are many updates that are not yet in the product page:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06655649

HP All-in-One 22-bxxx (Family SSID 82DD)
F.71
SP104241

for example, same SSID, of an all in one here with already version f71

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/hp-22-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-prost215/10...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82DD)

F.31 Rev.A8.8 MBJan 29, 2018

A little long, I'm not sure to find the right document with the 75 if it exists

[edit]  maybe too early, I found for the 74

HP UEFI Firmware February 2022 Security Updates 

Potential vulnerabilities have been identified in UEFI firmware (BIOS) for some PC products which may allow escalation of privilege and arbitrary code execution. HP is releasing firmware updates to mitigate these potential vulnerabilities.

HP All-in-One 24-gxxx (BIOS Family SSID 82DD)

BIOS

F.74

Rev 6

SP140148

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I have received quite a few previous BIOS updates for my computer, and since the motherboard specs were the same and this was recommended by HP, I installed it, and it went smoothly.  HP has pushed more BIOS updates for this particular computer than any other I have owned. Some have been urgent, others simply recommended like the present one.

HP Recommended

yes, indeed, I noticed that for different models
sometimes there are very few updates, and sometimes hp gives several in a row!
but sometimes this will only bring security updates, with no further information of what is changed!
please validate an answer if it suits you, in order to help other users, and close the subject, if you have no other questions

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.