Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-199no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I’m connected to wifi with my computer and it works fine after startup for like 2min and after that it just stops working, I’ve tried to share internet from my phone. Doesn’t work. And the internet works fine on other devices so the problem is in my computer. So far I’ve tried restarting, no it doesn’t still work neither the troubleshoot or dns server.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bacha1 --  I’ve tried to share internet from my phone. Doesn’t work.

Do your WiFi-using computer and your WiFi-using phone both report "no WiFi connection" at the same time?

To me, that implies that the WiFi network adapters inside both devices are failing, 

or that the the WiFi network adapter inside your router, as provided by your Internet Service Provider, is failing.

> The internet works fine on other devices so the problem is in my computer.

Are those other devices connected via Ethernet cable, or via WiFi?

It is possible that all the Ethernet adapters inside the router are fine.

> So far I’ve tried restarting, no it doesn’t still work neither the troubleshoot or DNS server.

Restarting what? Have you disconnected the power-cord from your router, waited a few seconds, reconnected the power-cord, and waited for it to completely restart?

To connect to a DNS-server, you need a working connection, either to the DNS-server inside your router, or one of the DNS-servers on the Internet.  II think that the DNS-servers on the Internet are not the source of your issue.

HP Recommended

So I’ve restarted my pc and wifi router. My phone and computer are connected via wifi connection and only my computer doesn’t connect to sites. It’s weird that my computer seems to have some connection since some apps like spotify updates randomly (not everytime tho) what song I’m playing plus it says that I’m connected to the wifi and looks like everything is fine(it doesn’t say ”connected, no iternet”, it says just ”connected”.)but I can’t search for any song and that goes with youtube etc. And like I said my phone is connected all the time to wifi and I have no issues with it. This issue happened yesterday just all of sudden I’ve never had this problem before.

HP Recommended

@Bacha1 -- so, if your computer's WiFi network adapter is "intermittent", you will get the symptoms that you are reporting.

Maybe, within the Windows "Device Manager", disable the WiFi adapter.

Then, purchase a USB-to-WiFi adapter, connect it, configure it, and see if that solves your WiFi issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.