Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HP Elite 8300 SFF i7 processor win 7-32 bit and want to convert to win 10-64 bit if possible. Need win 10 download link, updated win 10 drivers link, and info on how to make it happen please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

First click on the blue 'Update Now' link on the Microsoft media creation tool link to upgrade from W7 32 bit to W10 32 bit.

After W10 32 bit has installed verify that it is activated with a digital license under the PC Settings section.

Play around in W10 for a while to get used to it and let it do any updates.

Then when you are ready to clean install W10 64 bit, make the bootable 64 bit installation media using the media creation tool program, which is listed second on the webpage.

Boot from the W10 x64 installation media, and when you get to the part that asks you to enter a product key, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

W10 should have installed almost every driver you need and the ethernet should be working after the upgrade to W10 32 bit has completed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is not supported by HP for W10.

You can use the W7/W8 64 bit drivers for anything W10 x64 doesn't install automatically.

If you are still running W7 32 bit, see if you can still get the free upgrade to W10 32 bit, by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

See this link that shows it is still possible.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Once you see that W10 is installed and activated, you can use the media creation tool at the first link I posted above to create 64 bit installation media and clean install W10 x64.

You cannot do an inplace upgrade from a 32 bit to a 64 bit operating system.

When you get to the part of the 64 bit installation that asks you to enter a product key, select the 'I don't have a product key' option and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the help & providing the links- So I click on the 2nd link 1st to do the install and then once win 10 is installed go to the top link? Will I be able to setup an internet connection after the win 10 install to connect and go to the  top link? Thank you for your assistance 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

First click on the blue 'Update Now' link on the Microsoft media creation tool link to upgrade from W7 32 bit to W10 32 bit.

After W10 32 bit has installed verify that it is activated with a digital license under the PC Settings section.

Play around in W10 for a while to get used to it and let it do any updates.

Then when you are ready to clean install W10 64 bit, make the bootable 64 bit installation media using the media creation tool program, which is listed second on the webpage.

Boot from the W10 x64 installation media, and when you get to the part that asks you to enter a product key, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

W10 should have installed almost every driver you need and the ethernet should be working after the upgrade to W10 32 bit has completed.

HP Recommended

Thanks again-

HP Recommended

Anytime.

HP Recommended

I currently have win 10 installed and I managed to get internet connected. Can I get some instructions on how to finish the updates please.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Click on the Windows icon on the lower left of the taskbar.

Click on the settings gear, just above and to the left (above the power icon).

Click on Update & Security

Click on Windows update, and let it check for updates.

HP Recommended

I really appreciate it

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can feel free at any time to clean install W10 x64.

Just remember to select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

What I don't know is if you can create 64 bit installation media on a 32 bit operating system.

If not, you will have to use a 64 bit PC to create the installation media.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.