5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Cursor moves around the screen on its own

HP Recommended
Touchsmart 610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My cursor has a mind of its own. Every now and then it just moves around the screen and opens panes, minimises others and generally moves away from where i am working. So very frustrating when typing in Word or working in Excell when another application or pane suddenly appears, or typing has been entered where not wanted. Tried help from Microsoft but no solution. Anyone have the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like your touch screen may have developed a fault, and you're experiencing 'ghost touch' Try disabling the touch screen in device manager and see if that makes any difference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like your touch screen may have developed a fault, and you're experiencing 'ghost touch' Try disabling the touch screen in device manager and see if that makes any difference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ArnieBa
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch wood, this seems to have solved the problem. Your suggestion was much appreciated as I have been trying for months to get this sorted! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation