Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2280a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Assisting a friend with a 2012 HP computer remotely.  

From BIOS, it passes the processor check, HD Smart check, Hard Disk Short DST and failed the HD Optimized DST.

Returns failure ID U8DLHR-0009N5-X87T1G-61S503   *** Corrected ID #

Product ID B7J10EA#ABU.

As best I understand, failing this test may indicate a failing HD, a virus or a need to reinstall the operating system.

How do I decode this failure ID?  Does this failure ID specifically identify what has failed?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The third string of the code you posted has too many characters.  Each set should have 6 characters in it.

The code is not going to tell you anything more than you already know.

The code will translate to 'Optimized.'

Back up any files your friend needs to save onto a portable hard drive, and reinstall the OS.

if that fails to remedy the issue, replace the hard drive and then reinstall the OS.

HP Recommended

Thanks.   I'll try reinstalling the OS remotely.   Hopefully, we can preserve her Microsoft office since she can't find the disks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully she has the product key or you can retrieve it from the registry.

My understanding is with Office 2013 and newer, you can only get the last 5 characters of the product key in the registry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.