Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

Yes, I recommend that you test each memory chip one at a time an see if the error goes away with any one of them. 

If you test one and the problem reappears, you have found the cause for your dilemma. 

HP Recommended

Hello Paul

I'm posting to let you know that those win7 chipset drivers installed fine.

But what solved the pc final issue was removing a faulty memory chip as you suggested... it was the first one removed that is the one next to the cooller fan and that was full of dust.

I had removed every single hardware except the memory chips thinking that they were ok because the initial test at diagnostic screen always showed "3000 gb OK", but I.m glad you told me to test it.

1 less gb of memory now but running without issues.. thank you Paul and all the best.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is great news your PC is running fine again.

I suppose you could always get the part number off the bad memory chip (or one of the others) and see if you can buy a used but tested and working memory chip on eBay.

I had a feeling it was a bad memory chip that reported it was good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.