Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx

Hi 🙂 hope you are doing well,

After updating my USB drivers, I stopped being able to launch my computer, always getting a blue screen saying my PC couldn't launch correctly and suggesting an automatic recovery.

I first did all the tests but they all succeed, then I noticed my HTC Vive USB were still plugged, once unplugged I finally were able to get the failed checked as mentioned below.

Product Name: OMEN by HP Dekstop PC 880-p0xx
Product ID: 2BX29EA#UUZ
USB Port Check: Failed
Failure ID: 9LG6WJ-8RWA3P-MFPQRG-8D2H03

Current version 6.3.1.0

Windows 10

I tried to perform a hard reset like mentioned here: https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04718479 but unfortunately it didn't resolved my issue.

Thank you so much in advance, and please let me know if you need any further informations,

Vidal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vidalicious It's been good, and I hope you weekend was good as well, 

Well apart from the computer issues, of course...that said, I appreciate you doing the tests and I have been able to decipher this failure ID, it represents code 434 - USB Failure, the internal part integrated into the motherboard needs to be replaced, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Vidalicious I'm afraid the failure ID you've mentioned: 9LG6WJ-8RWA3P-MFPQRG-8D2H03 is either incomplete, incorrect or the test was interrupted before the results could be published as the same cannot be deciphered, and I request you to re-run the test and respond to us with the correct failure ID, so we can identify exactly what's wrong and help resolve the issue accordingly.

Meanwhile, you may troubleshoot USB ports further using this link: click here for steps.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you message, it definitively means a lot to me 🙂 I'll have a deep look at it this weekend by troubleshooting my USB ports further, re-test my HP to get a new failure ID, and then I'll finally give some news here.

Thank you once again and have a good end of the week,

Vidal

HP Recommended

@Vidalicious That's a good plan, please do the same and get back to us with the results,

Good luck and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher, hope you had a nice weekend 🙂

Did the System Tests another time and everything passed again. However, as you suggested I did the USB Port Test again, and this time I have the following Failure ID : 9LG6WJ-8RWA42-MFPQRG-8D1E03

Any idea how I can resolve that?

Thank you so much,

Vidal

HP Recommended

@Vidalicious It's been good, and I hope you weekend was good as well, 

Well apart from the computer issues, of course...that said, I appreciate you doing the tests and I have been able to decipher this failure ID, it represents code 434 - USB Failure, the internal part integrated into the motherboard needs to be replaced, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am just out of warranty when the desktop decided to not recognize ANYTHING. It just won't boot for anything. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.