Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen Oblisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a Omen Obelisk and i have search forums all over and i have found similar issues but none the same and tried all of the stuff that they recommended still isnt working.  Desktop Manager starts at the 1-3% and eventually hits 40% GPU usage.

I am a streamer, my game takes about 30% and OBS 30%, all the other odds and ends take the rest.  Once the process (Desktop Window Manager) hits 30% it starts to drop frames from the stream, and when it hits 40% the whole computer hard freezes and i have to manually restart it.  i have run several anti virius, cleaned the pc physically and software wise, all new drivers and HP Support Assistant, i am at a loss.   I have tried lowering the settings of my stream and game, it makes no difference.  Everyone tells me this computer should easy handle this game and stream.  What am i missing? Thanks for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Strouss Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

HTTP://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I ended up fixing it.  I had to reload all of the software, deleting the partitions and even some of the bios.  Some how i had corrupted bios amd systems files.  It took 14 hours to figured ot out bit we got it done! Now it runs better then it dis out of the box, thanks to my amazing brother!  

HP Recommended

@Strouss

Thank you for the update.

In the future, if you have any other concerns.

Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.