Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I uninstalled HP Support Assistant (because I got pop up "HP update Access is denied", What version of HP Support Assistant do I need to install for windows 8.1 (64-bit). All I can find on your web site is Version 9.14.42.0 for windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

please download and install the Legacy version

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

here

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

[edit] access problem ..

HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable

Please know our teams are working hard to get everything up and running. We apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly check back later.

sorry

but normally there is a link here, for both versions

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Please let me know when it is fixed

HP Recommended

hi

ok @MCROB1969 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

Requires Windows 10 RS4 or higher.

If you received an incompatible operating system message during HP Support Assistant installation, please download and install the Legacy version

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I am confused, I am using windows 8.1, so should I download the 10 RS4 or the legacy version. Thank you

HP Recommended

please download and install the Legacy version

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for all your help the installation worked. Is they any way for me to contact a person name Krazy Toad, his profile says HP Retired. I have a question for him about one of his reply's from 5/17/2018

HP Recommended

hi

You're welcome ..
unfortunately this usually means that the person is no longer an HP employee, or has changed status
I can ask for moderation maybe..
if not, what was the subject?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I did not notice he hasn't posted since 8/1/21

This is the post I was trying to contact Krazy Toad about from 5/17.

Under Figure: My PC,  step 2 he said "Click Updates if it has an exclamation mark next to it. If there is no exclamation mark next to Updates, skip to step 6". but he does not show a step 6

KrazyToad
Retired
22,744 1,374 1,451
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

‎05-17-2018 03:04 PM

@DavePeaslee

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are getting a pop up HP Update "Access is denied" and this issue just started.

I'll try my best to help.

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the HP Support Assistance from your computer.

To uninstall HP Support Assistant, 

1. In Windows, search for and open change or remove a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click the Uninstall button.

3. Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

NOTE: If HP Support Assistant is not listed or does not uninstall correctly, install the latest HP Support Assistant version without uninstalling the old version. After HP Support Assistant is installed and working, repeat the uninstall steps.

4. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

5. Restart the computer to complete the process.

Then download the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://hp.care/2Ew95x3

1. Open the HPSA and Click My devices to see My PC. In this box, there are two options, Updates and Messages, both of which could require attention. You know attention is required if you see an exclamation mark.

Figure : My PC

2. Click Updates if it has an exclamation mark next to it. If there is no exclamation mark next to Updates, skip to step 6.

3. From the Updates available section, check the boxes for all the updates, then click Download and install.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi @MCROB1969 

it just looks like copy pasted
you have the same answer, here, it seems that a part is not indicated therefore!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-update-access-is-denied/td-p...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.