Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TE01-1XXX PN 319J4AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just a bought a brand new Envy, it comes with the SSD M.2 and preinstalled Win 10 Home.

I decided to add another SSD drive, and installed Win 10 Pro. Now when it boots up I have the error 0xc000000e. see attached pics.

How do I fix this?

Bios does not allow me to select which drive to boot from.

bootbootIMG-8024.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SmooTheFeet 

Was the original SSD still in the PC and connected when you installed the second Windows version? If so, then Windows will have found the boot files for the original and added the second OS instance to those.

I'm sorry but HP only provides support for the OS that comes preloaded onto their PCs.  If you replace that or add another one on your own, you are then responsible for fixing any issues with that second install. 

We are not a Windows diagnosis and repair facility.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

hi

possibly remove the new SSD
then restart
if you still have the same problem, as you indicated @WAWood 
you have damaged the original installation!
In this case, try the cloud recovery support if compatible to reinstall

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.