Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6000 Series Product No. XH729EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When scanning from a Canon Pixma TS3150 printer to my HP Pavilion desktop P6000 series running Windows 10 I get the following error message: "SCANUTILITY.exe Class not registered"  Printer is otherwise working fine. Windows diagnostics can't find a problem. Should I re-set the computer to resolve this? Any advice gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Westcoastnews 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

My own advice is NEVER do a Reset!  More often than not, this miracle cure merely turns your PC into an electric brick!

The issue is most certainly with the Canon printer, and we can't help you with that -- which is probably why no one responded to your post before this.

My guess is that you need updated Win10 drivers for the printer and you would need to get those from Canon.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Westcoastnews 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

My own advice is NEVER do a Reset!  More often than not, this miracle cure merely turns your PC into an electric brick!

The issue is most certainly with the Canon printer, and we can't help you with that -- which is probably why no one responded to your post before this.

My guess is that you need updated Win10 drivers for the printer and you would need to get those from Canon.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks WAWood for your help and advice. I had already downloaded the latest Canon printer drivers (which didn’t help). When I finally ran Canon’s printer support team their solution was for me to use the Windows 10 Scan facility. It works fine, just a bit surprised that Canon can’t sort something like this through its own software. Hey ho.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.