Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 23-r107a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer has been very slow and freezing, so ran System Test (Quick Test) and the Hard Drive Short DST check failed.  The Failure ID is: 0GAAJ8-84XA6A-PXPAMA-60QR03.  The product is now out of warranty.  Can anyone advise whether a fix is available online?  As it's an All-in-One, I understand that parts can't be replaced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
the hard drive is defective
It can continue to operate for a certain time, but it can definitively break down, if it is not already the case!
If possible, save personal data
Try a full reinstall
Be careful even if it works, it may permanently break down, save the data regularly.
This may allow you to use the computer while you find a hard drive!
Your computer should be this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-23-r100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/8499701/model/8637577?s...

You can try to help yourself with this tutorial (sorry not fully translated)

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
the hard drive is defective
It can continue to operate for a certain time, but it can definitively break down, if it is not already the case!
If possible, save personal data
Try a full reinstall
Be careful even if it works, it may permanently break down, save the data regularly.
This may allow you to use the computer while you find a hard drive!
Your computer should be this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-23-r100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/8499701/model/8637577?s...

You can try to help yourself with this tutorial (sorry not fully translated)

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.   In view of the likelihood of the hard drive completely failing, I decided to call HP Support and they confirmed what you have suggested.  They said that the hard drive would need replacing and that they would send me an email advising details of where I could have it serviced.  However, a person supposedly representing HP Support phoned me the next day and advised that a new hard drive could be sent by post at a cost of $AU250.00 or nearly double the cost for a home service call and only slightly less if I took the computer into a service centre.  The latter seems rather excessive if it's only to replace the hard drive.   I originally purchased the computer with Windows 10 pre-installed 4 years ago and have recently updated to the latest version (2004) of Windows 10.  I'm not sure if a new hard drive is sent to me by post that it will also have Windows 10 pre-installed.

However, I became somewhat suspicious when the caller advised that if I wanted to proceed with any of the options, they do not accept credit cards and I would have to deposit the fee directly into their bank account, which seemed a bit odd.  As I have been scammed once before  by a company allegedly representing a major Internet Security software provider, I am wary of calls where I am unable to verify if they are genuine, especially when I have to pay money.  Is this the normal practice of HP or its service providers?  I still haven't received any follow-up email.

At the moment the computer seems to be working perfectly, but who knows for how long?  I have a WD SmartWare external hard drive which backs up data automatically.  

HP Recommended

I do not know if it is a translation problem, but I understood that we were asking to pay directly, a person and not a company ..?
If so, it doesn't seem normal to me.
However the cost is quite high, if you can do it yourself, just buy an equivalent hard drive.
Windows will indeed have to be reinstalled!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

The person who rang me said that he was from HP Support and was aware of my details.  When he advised that payment for a new hard drive could only only be made by direct deposit into a bank account I immediately became suspicious and didn't get to the point of taking down the details, so I wasn't able to find out whether it was a company or personal bank account.  Perhaps he was genuine, but because he called me I couldn't verify it.  I would have preferred if they had contacted me by email, so that I could at least establish its legitimacy.

I ran the HP Operating System Check and there was only one troubleshooting item which was fixed.  There were no other issues raised.  As I have created HP System Recovery DVDs, I might do a complete factory reinstallation to see if that resolves the problem.  I noted that I must also have initially done a Recovery Image in Partition 3 of the Hard Drive (19.15GB with free space of 2.4GB).  As Windows 10 was factory pre-installed on the Hard Drive along with other HP software, will they also be reinstalled from either of the Recovery DVDs or Recovery Image on the Hard Drive?   

HP Recommended

there may be different options depending on the models
But if we perform a factory installation, the computer is reinstalled as after it was started for the first time!
We therefore have the first Windows version, which was installed, the updates should not be kept
The preinstalled software, and the drivers, which were originally installed.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks.  If I do the full re-installation, I presume that I will be able to update all of the original software and drivers.  I will try it over the next week when I've got some free time.  Cheers and thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.