Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello this message popped up on my computer as I was trying to get on . A fan is not operating correctly (CPU) 90B the screen is blue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Shunnie1 .
The power drain is suitable for a hardware restart or hard reset to be performed, and this does not erase personal information.
Many boot errors and other problems can be solved by decreasing the accumulated energy in the hardware components. This procedure of reducing stored energy is also known as a hard reset.
o Turn off the computer.
o Disconnect the computer from any port replicators or docking stations.
o Disconnect all peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, or printers.
o Disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.
o Turn the computer over and look for the battery compartment door to determine whether or not your computer's battery is removable.
o Now to consume any residual electrical charge from the capacitors protecting the memory, perform the following as it is the basics of this:
If you see an access door to the battery compartment, your equipment has a removable battery. Remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds, reinsert the battery back into the compartment and proceed to the next step.
If you do not see any access door to the battery compartment, your computer does not have a removable battery. On most laptops with a non-removable battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the restart and proceed to the next step. More information: https://support.hp.com/mx-es/document/c01811996
1. Reconnect the AC adapter to the computer, but do not connect any peripheral devices.
2. Turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows normally and then press enter.
3. Once the peripheral devices are connected, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all drivers.

More info:

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/product/hp-probook-640-g2-notebook-pc/8430730/document/c03620929

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Shunnie1 .
The power drain is suitable for a hardware restart or hard reset to be performed, and this does not erase personal information.
Many boot errors and other problems can be solved by decreasing the accumulated energy in the hardware components. This procedure of reducing stored energy is also known as a hard reset.
o Turn off the computer.
o Disconnect the computer from any port replicators or docking stations.
o Disconnect all peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, or printers.
o Disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.
o Turn the computer over and look for the battery compartment door to determine whether or not your computer's battery is removable.
o Now to consume any residual electrical charge from the capacitors protecting the memory, perform the following as it is the basics of this:
If you see an access door to the battery compartment, your equipment has a removable battery. Remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds, reinsert the battery back into the compartment and proceed to the next step.
If you do not see any access door to the battery compartment, your computer does not have a removable battery. On most laptops with a non-removable battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the restart and proceed to the next step. More information: https://support.hp.com/mx-es/document/c01811996
1. Reconnect the AC adapter to the computer, but do not connect any peripheral devices.
2. Turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows normally and then press enter.
3. Once the peripheral devices are connected, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all drivers.

More info:

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/product/hp-probook-640-g2-notebook-pc/8430730/document/c03620929

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

@Shunnie1 

First off, you posted this in Desktops, so if it IS a desktop, there would not be a battery compartment for you to open. And instead, you would need to open the case to confirm the fans are still running.

Second, if it is a laptop, then this is a SERIOUS issue as any laptop is going to overheat, crash, and possibly damage the processor if this is not fixed.  For a laptop, you need to take it into a laptop repair facility and have them check out the fan.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi there! I have a All in one intel core I 3 8 th generation desktop computer  and a blue screen popped up stating that I have a issue with one of the fans not properly running A fan is not operating correctly.
Continued operation of the computer is not
recommended by HP and might cause unpredictable
behavior that can result in a shutdown, data loss,
computer damage. The computer will shut down in 15 Seconds. Can you help?

HP Recommended

@Shunnie1 .

You should definitely replace the fan or verify that it is properly connected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.