Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0627ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, does anyone know why the Funktionsupdate für Windows 10, Version 2004 fails with error 0xc1900101 on my HP Pavilion 590-p0627ng? The update is offered in the Windows Update App and my "590" desktop is listed in the HP-List of tested devices. Nevertheless the update from 1909 to 2004 has always failed so far each time I tested it over the last three months. The Virtual Agent has been no help at all in solving the problems. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Pavilion590User 

The Windows v20.04 is a disaster in progress! 

For months, MS blocked it because so many people reported it trashing their PCs, that they finally admitted to a LONG list of problems.  Since then, they have claimed fixing most of the problems -- as you can see from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

But new ones come up each week and it takes a while for MS to accept those as issues. 

So, my own advice is to stay away from v20.04, even though it being offered, until MS has said they have fixed all the problems. 

Will that be BEFORE v 20.09 is out for the public in a few weeks-- who knows??

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Thanks for your reply and I agree that the 2004 update does appear very buggy.

What I nevertheless do not understand is how HP can claim on their page https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282 under the subsection „Consumer desktop and All-in-One PCs“ that model „HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx“ has been tested with Windows 10 May 2020 Update?

I would expect HP to test such things properly, especially since my desktop is less than one year old and still has the original HW configuration. 

I hope that the next update works on my HP Pavilion more reliably. The update on my wife’s notebook from another renown  supplier worked first time!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.