Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 7300 Series MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.
This morning I was trying to install a graphics card to my workstation in order to be able to connect two displays. The graphics card is a cheap GT730 4GB DDR3 I had laying around, it should be perfect for this use case since it doesn't need power cables, its small, and does not draw too much power.
When the graphics card is installed and the computer is turned on, it gets stuck in the blue HP boot screen revealing the BIOS number 7.12 and it doesn't go any further than that. I've tried updating the BIOS with no success, since the shown BIOS number after that is still 7.12.
I'll be happy to clarify anything I might have forgotten to mention.
Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order for any nVidia GT 7xx or newer graphics card to work, your PC has to have a BIOS revision of 8.xx or newer.

The newest card you can install in your model would be one in the nVidia GT 6xx family.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.