1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Graphics Card Installation

HP Recommended
HP Elite 7300 Series MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.
This morning I was trying to install a graphics card to my workstation in order to be able to connect two displays. The graphics card is a cheap GT730 4GB DDR3 I had laying around, it should be perfect for this use case since it doesn't need power cables, its small, and does not draw too much power.
When the graphics card is installed and the computer is turned on, it gets stuck in the blue HP boot screen revealing the BIOS number 7.12 and it doesn't go any further than that. I've tried updating the BIOS with no success, since the shown BIOS number after that is still 7.12.
I'll be happy to clarify anything I might have forgotten to mention.
Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,163 124,519 20,721 31,812
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order for any nVidia GT 7xx or newer graphics card to work, your PC has to have a BIOS revision of 8.xx or newer.

The newest card you can install in your model would be one in the nVidia GT 6xx family.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation