Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 22-b022 AIO All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I messed up the Recover D Drive and now I m looking for my HP 22-b022 AIO system recovery DVD to buy it

My HP still running OK but not as I expected so I want to restore to the original begining . I need your helps. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please note that this is a peer to peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP, so the support you will receive on this forum is strictly voluntary.

Answers are completely dependent upon the experience of the volunteers who have joined the HP support forum.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if running the Hide Windows Update utility from the link below allows you to prevent unwanted updates from trying to install.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can order recovery media for your model at the link below...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-22-b000-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series-(Touch)/11059036/mod...

You can also make your own W10 installation media for free by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will allow you to make a bootable W10 installation flash drive (you will need a 8 GB flash drive for this).

The software will work with the W10 product key in your PC's BIOS and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Then you can install the drivers and available software you need from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-22-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/11059...

HP Recommended

Thanks so much, I' ve placed the order for that USB Recovery Kits

I seach on HP site but can not find this https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-22-b000-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series-(Touch)/11059036/mod...

The other NS links provided buy you I'll save in Txt file for future used 

Thanks again

Afina Gioga N. V

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Btw, I take this chance to have another question for you. I understand my HP 22-b022 AIO was built  OEM and preinstalled W10 by HP because its specific hardware and W10 can auto update to a certaint version of W10 but I can not stop the Auto-Update from MS keep their eyes into my machine and no matter how I delete the update folder or uninstall the Update Apps the MS still put the data into hidden areas in my machine and it will ask me/user either to Restart for new W10 1803 etc... or to the point I ignore the restart or change Starting Time or even I Shutdown and next time I turn machine on to use then it will tell me wait for Windows update and it takes for 1 Hr and many many times it failed plus saying "... Can not firgure for this computer ... " etc. and it auto restores the old W10 version of my machine ..

The story not end just that, once I keep using my machine for another hours or next day boot it up then the MS still auto downloand it W10 update and I can hear my interbal harddrive crunching like quirrel munching the hardisk so if I turn off theWifi then the next boot up it will clear or saying updating Error and then turn Wifi on do some works the MS will auto down load it W10 update version again n again 😞  That is the reason I messed up the Recovery 😧 Drive Partition and all so now can not use the System Repair CD but only I can use the HD-Manager/Recovery from 2nd party software

My question is Do I have to live with this W10 update penomenon mandatory crazy or do you HP have a solution how to stop the update because truthfully I do not want to update, the more update the more machine run so slow, I have all drivers update by using 2nr party Apps and I do have all Virus + Spyware protection

Help me for this Sir ! and I believe million another users will get the benefit for their question as same as mine

I am so scare about using W10 now and lastmonth I bought a refurbit W7 laptop and I am happy for that

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please note that this is a peer to peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP, so the support you will receive on this forum is strictly voluntary.

Answers are completely dependent upon the experience of the volunteers who have joined the HP support forum.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if running the Hide Windows Update utility from the link below allows you to prevent unwanted updates from trying to install.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

HP Recommended

@Afina wrote:

Thanks so much, I' ve placed the order for that USB Recovery Kits

I search on HP site but can not find this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-22-b000-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series-(Touch)/11059036/mod...

I had no problem accessing the above web-site.  Be sure that there is no "blank" character at the end of the URL.

Such a character causes a problem with the HP web-server.

HP Recommended

1. Do I have to live with this W10 update penomenon mandatory crazy

2. Truthfully I do not want to update, the more update the more machine run so slow,

3. I have all drivers update by using 2nr party Apps

4. I believe million another users will get the benefit for their question as same as mine

5. I am so scare about using W10 now

6. Last month I bought a refurbished W7 laptop and I am happy for that

-----------

1. Yes. Because you are concerned with "computer security", it is necessary to apply the latest security-fixes.

2. Since you have ordered the "Recovery Set":

* backup your personal files,

* purchase a new disk-drive,

* disconnect your current disk-drive, and set it aside,

* connect the new disk-drive,

* use that Recovery Set to install Windows onto the new disk-drive,

* run Windows Update, to get the latest major update ("Version 1803").

This will eliminate your conjecture of consecutive updates causing a slowdown.

3, Personally, I avoid such "driver-updater" programs.  I think that they cause more problems than they solve.

4. OK

5. Don't be.  Microsoft has "retired" Windows 2000 and Windows XP and Windows Vista, in order for their programmers to focus on enhancements to Windows 10.

6. Note that Microsoft will terminate all security-updates for Windows 7 after January 2020 -- just 18 months away.

At that time, you'll need to install Windows 10 onto the laptop, to get new & necessary security-updates, which is a stated concern of yours.

HP Recommended

Right on Sir ! This is wht I want https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

I hide the W10-1803 feature update it always attached to the oehter such as driver or feature for my W10-1607 Home version and I restart the computer and now I do not see "Feature update for 1803 .." any more but I believe it still keeps eye on my machine because was hidden

I will let my machine running to update DRVs

Thank you very much 🙂 with my big Smilling face and God bless America always

HP Recommended

My machine I bought it from W10-1607 and I update it to 1709 failed failed and I keep trying  once it sucessfully installed with 1709, since the MS mada an annoucement that old W10 version will not be able to be updated to new W10 new version after May-2018 or so then I was so happy for that announcement and my machine live peacefully for few wks or more than a month then suddently it automatically update/download again

I can only select those program sucah as wordprocessing or 2nd party software to uninstall but those update from MS such as K..... or Malicious etc then I have no chance to click to it because MS disable that uninstall feature

Believe it or not I still have W-XP running well and no virus no spyware, still print out to old printers

I belive in updating the computer but to the point updating causes my machine more worse becaus slow old CPU or old graphic card or even update new bluetooth driver 4.0 and for a day I reallize that my old wireless mouse can run better with bluetooth 3.0 then I have to back it up to old version

I only install those DRV program from trustable source after the MS Auto update  Feature W10-1083 makes my machine so busy

I will receive the USB Recovery next week so I will not do restore my comp right away but wait and see how well the hide update feature from download link above doing

And I thank you all your recommendations, I do live n learn since I had a CP/M  computer long long ago and it was a nightmare such as PIP command to copy things

Thank you Sir !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.