Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

So I have a HP 2311x computer and my monitor randomly turns off and then comes back on and shows me the Monitor Status and it does it all the time. Help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Showing you it's status is usually a power issue so check to make sure your PC and monitor cords/connections are snug in place.

If you find a loose one you may have found your problem.

If not, right click on your desktop and choose Display and see how often you PC and Display Monitor are set to Sleep/Hibernate/Shut Down. You can change them all to Never sleep/Shut Down just to see if that's the problem.

If you give me the model number of the monitor and what cable is used to connect it to the PC I may be able to help more.

Also if you Click the Start button and scroll to the systen admin section and find the Event Viewer it might tell if there are any hardware issues.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.