Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 6305
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP 6305-SFF WA2-0327 AMD machine after updating windows 10 I think feature update 2004?? I get up this morning and the PC is locked up at the firmware screen I have powered down unplugged the machine and it still locks up at the firmware screen see image below. Your help is appreciated 

Bob
IMG_4438.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

OK I found the issue it was the 2nd HDD after removing it from the system the machine booted OK to verify I re-installed the HDD and the same failure mode occurred as described in my description above, removed it again and booted fine. I have never seen an issue such as this unless the HDD was drawing down the power supply???

Bob

HP Recommended

Well I thought I had this solved again after everything was working fine attempted to update again to  Win 10 2004 and same thing after re-start locked up at the firmware screen.

Bob

HP Recommended

I ended up removing the RTC/CMOS battery left it out for 5 min installed a new battery and the machine booted into windows 10  after it went through the 2004 update. 
Afterwords I installed the latest BIOS version and so far the machine is operating fine. I suspected the bios firmware was corrupted in some way and I suspect the second hard drive may have played a part. Occasionally the machine would randomly reboot and going through the logs it appeared to be an unexpected shutdown.
We'll see how it goes from here.

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.