Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8300 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a little issue with "Windows Boot Manager" in Bios. In storage, the boot order shows 16 "Windows Boot  Manager" selection. How to get rid off 15 of them and make it show just 1 "Windows Boot Manager"? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

IMG_20200406_201238.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EMAnderson1973 

I don't have a UEFI PC, so I can not test this -- but I know this software works.

NeoSmart Technologies makes a product known as Easy BCD -- it allows you to edit the BCD using a graphical screen instead of having to resort to long, involved command entries.

You should download and install it on your PC.  Then run it.

There will be an option to Edit Boot Menu.  That will list out all the entries and on that screen, you should be able to delete the extra ones.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Sir I tried the EasyBCD, and it only shows 1 windows boot manager.  

HP Recommended

@EMAnderson1973 

Sorry, that's the only approach I have tried that works.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.