Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP all-in-one computer has been stuck in a infinite boot loop after trying to install a new windows Insider build it has three different screens that's it shows and one is a green one one is a blue one and the black HP screen which I can get into f11 but if I try to do anything other than the first two options it asks for you to enter set up password which I have no idea what that is can you guys please help me thank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Xbigmike29 Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, here's what you need to know & do about the volsnap.sys error:

The following potential fixes will be carried out to fix BSOD errors related to volsnap.sys (Volume Shadow Copy Driver) on Windows 10:

1. Update or Rollback Drivers.
  2. Restart or Stop Volume Shadow Copy Service
  3. Run System File Checker
  4. Run ChkDsk Utility
  5. Check the Memory for the errors.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is the enter setup password screenThis is the enter setup password screen

HP Recommended

IMG_20200207_203615.jpgIMG_20200207_203600.jpgIMG_20200207_203540.jpgIMG_20200207_203537.jpg

HP Recommended

If you cannot see the fine print it says stop code is Page fault in nonpaged area what failed is volsnap.sys

HP Recommended

@Xbigmike29 Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, here's what you need to know & do about the volsnap.sys error:

The following potential fixes will be carried out to fix BSOD errors related to volsnap.sys (Volume Shadow Copy Driver) on Windows 10:

1. Update or Rollback Drivers.
  2. Restart or Stop Volume Shadow Copy Service
  3. Run System File Checker
  4. Run ChkDsk Utility
  5. Check the Memory for the errors.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.