Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop PC - 880-112na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So basically few days ago my games started to become laggy so I said its time for a PC format and install windows .. 
I tried .. but I can't access bios or bot for windows.
I tried to do what I found on the HP site .. put the bios update on a flash .. Windows + V .. nothing
It went straight to Windows ..
I tried Windwos + B and to hold while opening pc ( keeping 3 seconds ) 
nothing 
I cant access BIOS or even Update bios .. I talked to the shop but due to Covid its gonna take them up to 1 month to have the PC .. and I work on the PC daily .. so 1 month without it would be tragic for bills and stuff. 
Anyone had something similar and found a solution ?
PLEASE HELP ! 

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello

Have you tried at least the "standard" procedure to reinstall windows
follow what is indicated:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/20486490/ho...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@xXanderC 

I can certainly understand the desire to do factory resets -- given the prevalent view that such an action, though extreme, will fix a variety of mysterious problems and return a troublesome PC to working condition.

Problem is -- that very often is NOT the case and if there is any hardware issue at all, which is nearly always the cause with a SLOW PC (which is why most folks do the factory resets), you end up trashing your PC and rendering it useless. So, you trade a SLOW PC for a non-working PC. Not a good trade -- and certainly not what you intended.

So if your PC was running real SLOW, then let's check for the drive failing, if your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

If the test will not run or if it fails, that indicates that your drive has failed and would need to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

What way are you trying to reinstall windows? Is it by a usb drive? Did you format the drive completely and remove all the partitions or change it from gpt to mbr perhaps?  Your pc will most likely boot from uefi but because of secure boot, will only accept an original windows dvd or hp repair media.   If you are booting from usb the disk should be set for uefi boot. Rufus boot tool is very good for creating a bootable disk. You can also use microsoft media creator to make a bootable usb that should boot for your. If you have deleted your hidden partitions you will need to activate windows. 

HP Recommended

I tried all ways .. Manual ,  Directly while on windows.. once it restarts it doesnt continue.
I cant access Bios , like the PC doesn't register the keys.. goes straight to windows.

HP Recommended

To make it clear
If he wants to get back to the original version, just follow what is indicated by HP support, so you have several methods

We can actually check if there is not a hardware problem, and if everything is OK, go to recovery

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10)

• Turn off the computer.
  • Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
    Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.
  • Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose and option screen is displayed, and then continue.
  • On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.

we just have to hope that the user has not destroyed the bios, with the manipulations attempted

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

All SSD in the PC are OK , I tried RUN / CMD / and checked the drives.. they all say OK
I  want to say again that I cant access BIOS !
F2 , F8 F10 F12 .. the PC doesn't register when I press the keys

Not even ESC buton .. once I restart the pc .. monitors are black untill it goes straight into windows.
If it is hardware it might be mother board.. but then again .. PC works ok now.. its not SLOW .. just laggy into games sometimes.. 
I did a benchmark on CPU / GPU .. they both resisted .. no blue screen .. 

HP Recommended

Hi Steve,
I tried both USB and Directly from windows while still runing. once it restarts it doesnt continue.. 
it's something weird and Ive been around PC's for about 18 years. 
Its insured but I cant wait about a month without a PC since I am working from home.. 
I don't normaly ask for help because I managed before but this issue is new for me

HP Recommended

What way are you trying to reinstall windows?

Manual , USB

Did you format the drive completely and remove all the partitions or change it from gpt to mbr perhaps? 
I can't access that part, can't access bios

Your pc will most likely boot from uefi
Once I got to Advance Start up and click on uefi monitors go black and dont do anything.

HP Recommended

xXanderC_0-1613292702692.png

Untitled.jpg

Here you go Promethee!
So its not something wrong there.. 
It's something weird.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8P0mEpn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.