Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 TWR
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 TWR. I need to install Windows 10 Pro 32-bit edititon. The problem is that I am unable to do that. I have alredy spoken to HP representative, but he was unable to help me.

I tried installing from DVD, USB drive from Media Creation Tool, USB from RUSFUS as UEFI and USB drive from RUFUS as Legacy. But not even one way was succesfull.

If I manage to boot in legacy mode, there is first Windows 10 installation screen, when you can pick your language and region, but I cannot make my keyboard and mouse to work. I tried *every* single USB.

I have even tried Intel ME to install it remotelly, but it stops accepting input on the same place.

The solution should be to set USB host to Legacy mode, but this option is not in the setting (or I am unable to find it).

Can you plese help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did you manage to resolve this?  facing the same issue

HP Recommended

Never heard of that one.

What version of Win10 did you create? 1903 or 1909? Either way they *shouldn't* boot to setup in Legacy. Your boot to should be set to UEFI in BIOS. Secure Boot on / off shouldn't matter.

I'm assuming all ports on the unit are usb 3.0?
Have you checked for BIOS updates?
Have you loaded factory defaults in BIOS and reset security settings back to defaults?

HP Recommended

I have the  HP EliteDesk 800 G4 mini 64W.  Unless I boot in legacy mode the Win 10 32-bit USB isn't even recognised!!  Then in legacy mode the keyboard and mouse will not work to be able to move past the language selection page..

I'm really at a loss with this one.

HP Recommended

Did you create the Win10 media using the 'Windows media creation tool'? I *believe* that UEFI will only support bootable FAT32 sticks, not NTFS. So check the formatting of your USB stick.

Can you confirm that your BIOS screens look like the below:

UEFI1.JPGUEFI2.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.