Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 C059 All in one Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! I have installed a new hard drive in my HP Envy 23 C059 All in one Desktop. I am installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 from the CD. During the install, Windows finds the hard drive OK but before it starts to install it stops and asks me for the location of drivers?

I can understand that I may have to install component drivers for anything that windows does not have but not sure what is needed? I downloaded the basic drivers (audio, video, chipset, etc.) but apparently not what is needed. Is there some factory restore files I need to download on to a CD or USB drive? 

Appreciate any help 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, is it an HP Media or an other media? Who do you have find your Windows 10 DVD?? 
And what is the message do you have exactly? What is the driver missing?? 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you very much for the post! I purchased Windows 10 Pro and have the DVD. The message is asking me to provide the location for drivers. Not sure what drivers this is looking for. I have never seen a system ask for an installation driver before an OS install.

HP Recommended

Do you have access to the step to select the hard drive?? 

It is maybe a problem on your BIOS, you can go to it taping F10 at startup, and check your SATA mode. If you have the Secure boot you can change this setting, and enable UEFI. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

I do have access to setup. The hard drive is SSD with Partition Table (GPT). Windows is seeing the hard drive and automatically created a few other partitions for recovery, etc. Secure boot is on and legacy mode is off. Do these settings look correct or should I change?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You can try to change but normally this settings needs works. Do you have a Windows 8 installation media to try? 

HP Recommended

Ok... I will try this and report back. I do not have windows 8 media to try. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.